J. Allcock & Sons Ltd
Incorporating Wellington Rubber Co Ltd
+44 (0)161 223 7181
James Allcock founded the company in 1924 with his son, also called James. James Snr had previously worked at Anchor Chemical Co. where he was involved in the manufacture of Factice.
The company was originally based in Audenshaw but moved to West Gorton in 1928, became incorporated and commenced manufacture of Factice in direct competition to Anchor.
The business flourished under James Snr and then under his son. When the time came for the third generation to take over, they had other interests so the company was sold to Anchor Chemical. Anchor continued to manufacture Factice but also started to use Allcocks as a trading company. Ronald Rushton was the works director at Anchor and Allcocks became part of his responsibilities.
In 1972, Mr Rushton offered to buy out Allcocks. The company has since been owned and run by the Rushton family.
In 1977 we acquired the next door premises and shortly after approximately 1 acre of land to the north of the site. Then in 1984 the building of the old Vaughan Pulley Works was also acquired and a facility for the production of Rubber Crumbs and Granules was installed. On the 16th May 1992 fire destroyed this building and all its contents. It took 2 and a half years to rebuild the factory and create a new facility which is one of the most modern in the UK, if not Europe. It includes state of the art technology to ensure we can offer quality materials without contamination.
In 1999 we purchased Wellington Rubber Company Ltd. This is our first acquisition but not our last. WRC Ltd sieve and grind tyre buffings and we intend to extend and expand their range of activities.
Today, we also offer a wide range of quality compounding products used within the Polymer industries. We distribute a wide variety of products from companies based all over the world and are always striving to extend the range of products we offer.